Friday, June 8, 2012

You are soft and gentle

                                                           Like the breeze from an ocean.
You roll over me as a bird skirting
the tops of trees with her body.

You are a wave that crashes upon the land
on high tide.

And I miss you when I see pretty things alone.
Why are you not here with me
                                                to guide me into the unquestionable future?

I look for you as I come across the land
patched with sunshine through the leaves and branches.
                                                     In awe I wish to see you there with me.

But I must jump with my eyes wide open instead of shut.
I must take the leap that I know I can land
without hurting or falling too far.

This is a slow process but one of sweet honeysuckle
and memories that link us together like wild fern growing
                                                           through out the wooded grove.

Oh my sweet, the sun is shining the heat is heavy.
But I can shoulder it for now.
I must learn to pace myself.

Teaching myself lessons that are rewarding.

Sleepless nights go on into the morning
the night fades into to the sun as if it never happened.
And I begin to dis-remember as everything shifts into the light.


The open wounds lay agape on their backs
their hopes unsealed aiming toward the healing sun.

Where are you?
Why don't you come?


No comments:

Post a Comment