Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Edelweiss

She grew up young she had the world
at the tip of her tongue.

She didn't know a soul and they didn't know her
she had a friend at 0-5 and she held on to her
for dear life. She liked her, surely but slowly
the woman slipped away and her best friend
had to be left to decay...

She was young and brave and her parents were proud of her
Edelweiss was told she was very good and that her mother
was proud how brave she was, looking down at her
dress fiddling her fingers Edelweiss didn't smile nor frown
but said "Yes, I handled that well thank you, mother."


The other day I looked in the mirror and a scent
arose from the air it was the smell I knew at four I looked up to see
she, her, me at four my ageless youth happy to be and bring all that I was
all the magic and wonder she knew.

I yelled out to my lover "lover! The best thing just happened
I must tell you of it, you must know too the genuine truth!
I was four again, I am four again."
"you don't look four" replied he who I adore.
"oh, but I am look closer and see!"
 Her smile just then shown so large it could fill the whole sky
but right now it's just clouds and some stars that are up that high.
The moon is hidden she likes to hide, when I was a child I
 used to play hide and go seek with the moon, she followed me everywhere.
I used to wonder if she was just as attached to the other girls and
boys. Sometimes I still wonder.

"I'm just bitter, I'll get better over time"



No comments:

Post a Comment