Thursday, December 22, 2011

She was a little one who knew it from the beginning
she held her hand out to you always stronger than
what is expected.

You took it though you wished the tables were turned
that you could offer your hand to the one that was burned.
But instead she is shouldering you.

Oh Christmas you have saved me.

I was drowning...
But your bows and lights revived me from the depths of
no return.

Your holly and mistletoe steadied me when the earth was fumbling between
consciousness and despair.

I'll go with truth this Holiday Season.

I will travel with hope and find that it dangled on the end of a
rope dragging me along as if I couldn't really move on from
what haunted me. But then your smell of cookies and candy
canes brought me back to my senses.

Knocked me into the relentless..... love.

No comments:

Post a Comment